The Boccellina is the Gate House to Villa Boccella Estate.
Boccellina is 10KM from Lucca, by car, train or bus. A short walk into the village of Ponte a Moriano, which has all local amenities.
It is ideal for those who want a comfortable base to explore Tuscany.
Bookings for short or long stays available.
The Boccellina is a an attractive, practical house for staying all year round.
A few steps away from its large garden with a securely gated and fenced swimming pool, sun loungers and umbrellas. Large table and chairs near the BBQ.
The secure entry gates are the same as for Villa Boccella.
From the north-facing windows, the views span over miles of forested countryside, whilst from those facing south the views look across olive groves to the Pizzorne Mountains or down the valley where the Serchio River curls towards the sea.
There are many invigorating walks in the local countryside. So many places around this area to explore.
Boccellina - sleeping up to 11 in 5 bedrooms.
The ground floor consists of:
• The kitchen is bright and welcoming with zucchero da blu (sugar packet blue) painted cupboards and shelves.
• Central breakfast table
• A small room off the kitchen has a fridge freezer and washing machine
• Dining room with a table to seat 12.
• Large sitting room with TV, reading books, maps and guides of Tuscany, music player, games and puzzles.
• One double bedded room with it’s own bathroom.
• Bedroom 1 – with 2 single beds or 1 double.
• Bedroom 2 – with 3 single beds
• Bedroom 3 – with 2 single beds or 1 double
• Bedroom 4 – with 2 single beds or 1 double
• 2 shared bathrooms.
• Children’s cots and highchairs available.
• All windows have mosquito nets for the Summer months.
• Full central heating for the Winter months *
*supplied at an extra cost.
• The charming garden situated under a large pergola of roses and jasmine is a short walk from the front door.
• There is a table for al fresco dining, chairs for relaxing, a sun umbrella and BBQ.
There is access to several walks through the olive groves of the estate.
The local village is just a 5 minute walk down the hill, where the Trattoria Da Pinzo run by Emma and her family provide great food.
The village also offers a Bank, Pharmacy, an English speaking Doctor, and a variety of shops.
There is an excellent train service, to take you to the sights and treasures of cities such as Florence, Lucca, Pisa and Volterra
also to the sea side at Viareggio, and to the less well known Garfagnana countryside.
Perfect position to visit the many attractions of Lucca. Hire a bike and cycle to and from Lucca along the safe river path,
or around the circle of ancient walls. Head down into the centre of Lucca and explore the delightful Medieval streets, stopping
for a cappuccino or bowl of homemade pasta, a bag of freshly roasted chestnuts, or whatever seasonal food is on offer.
Music, Music, Music is everywhere in Lucca, the birth place of Puccini. There are concerts all year round. The Lucca Summer Festival
of popular music is held in June and July each year. There are winter programmes of opera in the city and Jazz nights in local restaurants.
Lucca comics and Games, the international Festival of Comics, animation, illustration and games at the end of October
is fun for enthusiasts or photographers wanting unusual photos.
L.U.C.C.A, the Centre of Contemporary Art, with its delightful museum space, housed in the old Palazzo Boccella,
hosts art exhibitions and has a restaurant open at lunchtimes.
The famous historic Villas of Lucca with their beautiful gardens are a short bike ride away.
David and Silvia, estate manager and housekeeper, live below the Boccellina in a separate house.
They are always very helpful and will be able to advise about all local activities on offer during your stay.
Pets are not permitted.
Check in 4pm onwards.
Check out by 10 am.
Copy of passport and home address of each guests to be provided prior to check in.